Monday, October 31, 2011

Spooky Halloween Fare

Many years ago when my three nephews were young I happened to be keeping them over Halloween.  For dinner I decided to be a bit creative. I didn't tell them in advance what I was going to serve. On the menu was:

Spider Dip
Individual Meatloaf Rats
Ghost Mashed Potatoes
Eyeballs and Green Beans
Mummy Rolls
Graveyard Pudding




The youngest happened to come in the house while the meatloafs were cooking and asked what was for dinner? I casually replied meatloaf rats.  NO WAY he replied and went to the oven to look. OH GROSS!!!! Aunt Sue, are those really rats? Needless to say, dinner was a real hit with the three boys and I had three of the neighborhood mothers call and ask what had I served them. Word had spread through the neighborhood!

Since that dinner, I have served this menu to guests and family on Halloween and it is always a big hit.
I have pictures so Enjoy.  May you be inspired to have a creative meal this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment